12 CFR 7.3001 - Sharing space and employees.
prev | next
(1) Lease excess space on bank premises to one or more other businesses (including other banks and financial institutions);
(b) Sharing employees. When sharing space with other businesses as described in paragraph (a) of this section, a national bank may provide, under one or more written agreements among the bank, the other businesses, and their employees, that:
(c) Supervisory conditions. When a national bank engages in arrangements of the types listed in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section, the bank shall ensure that:
(2) Shared employees clearly and fully disclose the nature of their agency relationship to customers of the bank and of the other businesses so that customers will know the identity of the bank or business that is providing the product or service;
(3) The arrangement does not constitute a joint venture or partnership with the other business under applicable state law;
(4) All aspects of the relationship between the bank and the other business are conducted at arm's length, unless a special arrangement is warranted because the other business is a subsidiary of the bank;
(5) Security issues arising from the activities of the other business on the premises are addressed;
(6) The activities of the other business do not adversely affect the safety and soundness of the bank;
(7) The shared employees or the entity for which they perform services are duly licensed or meet qualification requirements of applicable statutes and regulations pertaining to agents or employees of such other business; and
(d) Other legal requirements. When entering into arrangements, of the types described in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section, and in conducting operations pursuant to those arrangements the bank must ensure that each arrangement complies with 12 U.S.C. 29 and 36 and with any other applicable laws and regulations. If the arrangement involves an affiliate or a shareholder, director, officer or employee of the bank:
(1) The bank must ensure compliance with all applicable statutory and regulatory provisions governing bank transactions with these persons or entities;
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 12 CFR Part 7.