12 CFR 797.23 - Certification where NCUA is the creditor agency.
(a) NCUA shall issue a certification in all cases where the hearing official determines that a debt exists or the employee admits the existence and amount of the debt, as for example, by failing to request a hearing.
(b) The certification must be in writing and state:
(1) That the employee owes the debt;
(2) The amount and basis of the debt;
(3) The date the federal government's right to collect the debt first accrued;
(4) The date the employee was notified of the debt, the action(s) taken pursuant to NCUA's regulations, and the dates such actions were taken;
(5) If the collection is to be made by lump-sum payment, the amount and date such payment will be collected;
(6) If the collection is to be made in installments, the amount or percentage of disposable pay to be collected in each installment and, if NCUA wishes, the desired commencing date of the first installment, if a date other than the next officially established pay period; and
(7) A statement that NCUA's regulation on salary offset has been approved by OPM pursuant to 5 CFR part 550, subpart K.