12 CFR 966.2 - Issuance of consolidated obligations.
(a) Consolidated obligations issued by the Finance Board. The Finance Board may issue consolidated obligations under section 11(c) of the Act (12 U.S.C. 1431(c)), including the determination of the dates of issue, maturities, rates of interest, terms and conditions thereof, and the manner in which such consolidated obligations shall be issued. The Finance Board in its discretion from time to time may delegate this by resolution of the Board of Directors, or may terminate such delegation.
(1) Pursuant to the Banks' housing finance mission set forth in section 2A(a)(3)(B)(ii) of the Act (12 U.S.C. 1422a(a)(3)(B)(ii)), pursuant to the Finance Board's duty to ensure that the Banks carry out that mission and remain adequately capitalized and able to raise funds in the capital markets under section 2A(a)(3)(B)(ii) and (iii) of the Act (12 U.S.C. 1422a(a)(3)(B)(ii) and (iii)), and subject to the provisions of this part and such rules, regulations, terms and conditions as the Finance Board may prescribe, the Banks are authorized to issue joint debt under section 11(a) of the Act (12 U.S.C. 1431(a)), which shall be called consolidated obligations and on which the Banks shall be jointly and severally liable under § 966.9 of this part.
(2) Consolidated obligations shall be issued only through the Office of Finance, as agent of the Banks pursuant to this part and part 985 of this chapter.
(3) The authorization contained herein shall be deemed to constitute satisfaction of the requirement for Finance Board approval of the “terms and conditions” of the consolidated obligations pursuant to section 11(a) of the Act (12 U.S.C. 1431(a)).
(c) Negative pledge requirement. Each Bank shall at all times maintain assets described in paragraphs (c)(1) through (c)(6) of this section free from any lien or pledge, in an amount at least equal to a pro rata share of the total amount of currently outstanding consolidated obligations jointly issued by the Banks pursuant to section 11(a) of the Act (12 U.S.C. 1431(a)) and by the Finance Board pursuant to section 11(c) of the Act (12 U.S.C. 1431(c)) and equal to such Bank's participation in all such COs outstanding, provided that any assets that are subject to a lien or pledge for the benefit of the holders of any issue of consolidated obligations shall be treated as if they were assets free from any lien or pledge for purposes of compliance with this paragraph (c). Eligible assets are:
(4) Mortgages as to which one or more Banks have any guaranty or insurance, or commitment therefor, by the United States or any agency thereof;
(5) Investments described in section 16(a) of the Act (12 U.S.C. 1436(a)); and
(6) Other securities that have been assigned a rating or assessment by an NRSRO that is equivalent to or higher than the rating or assessment assigned by that NRSRO to consolidated obligations outstanding.
Title 12 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.