(a)Agent means an authorized representative, including an attorney, accountant, consultant, packager, lender service provider, or any other person representing an applicant or participant by conducting business with SBA.
(b) The term conduct business with SBA means:
(1) Preparing or submitting on behalf of an applicant an application for financial assistance of any kind, assistance from the Investment Division of SBA, or assistance in procurement and technical matters;
(2) Preparing or processing on behalf of a lender or a participant in any of SBA's programs an application for federal financial assistance;
(3) Participating with or communicating in any way with officers or employees of SBA on an applicant's, participant's, or lender's behalf;
(4) Acting as a lender service provider; and
(5) Such other activity as SBA reasonably shall determine.
(c)Applicant means any person, firm, concern, corporation, partnership, cooperative or other business enterprise applying for any type of assistance from SBA.
(d)Lender Service Provider means an Agent who carries out lender functions in originating, disbursing, servicing, or liquidating a specific SBA business loan or loan portfolio for compensation from the lender. SBA determines whether or not one is a “Lender Service Provider” on a loan-by-loan basis.
(e)Packager means an Agent who is employed and compensated by an Applicant or lender to prepare the Applicant's application for financial assistance from SBA. SBA determines whether or not one is a “Packager” on a loan-by-loan basis.
(f)Referral Agent means a person or entity who identifies and refers an Applicant to a lender or a lender to an Applicant. The Referral Agent may be employed and compensated by either an Applicant or a lender.
(g)Participant means a person or entity that is participating in any of the financial, investment, or business development programs authorized by the Small Business Act or Small Business Investment Act of 1958.
Title 13 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.