§ 120.1511Certification and other reporting and notification requirements for Other Regulated SBLCs.
(a)Certification. An SBLC seeking Other Regulated SBLC status must certify to SBA in writing that its lending activities are subject to regulation by a Federal Financial Institution Regulator or state banking regulator. This certification must be executed by the chair of the board of directors of the SBLC and submitted to SBA either:
(1) Within 60 calendar days of the effective date of this section or
(2) If the SBLC becomes subject to regulation by a Federal Financial Institution Regulator or state banking regulator after the effective date of this section for any reason (e.g. license transfers), within 60 days of the date that the SBLC becomes directly examined and directly regulated by such regulator.
(b)Contents of Certification: This certification must include:
(1) The identity of the Federal Financial Institution Regulator or state banking regulator that regulates the lending activities of the SBLC;
(2) A statement that the Federal Financial Institution Regulator or state banking regulator identified in paragraph (b)(1) of this section regularly conducts safety and soundness examinations on the SBLC itself and not only on the SBLC's parent company or affiliate, if any; and
(3) The date of the most recent safety and soundness examination conducted on the SBLC by the Federal Financial Institution Regulator or state banking regulator. To qualify as an Other Regulated SBLC, the SBLC must have received this examination within the past 3 years of the date of certification.
(c)Notification of examination. An Other Regulated SBLC must notify SBA in writing each time a Federal Financial Institution Regulator or state banking regulator conducts a safety and soundness examination, and this notification must be submitted to SBA within 30 calendar days of the SBLC receiving the results of the examination. To retain its status as an Other Regulated SBLC, the Other Regulated SBLC must receive such examination, and provide the written notification to SBA, at least once every two years following initial certification.
(d)Report. An Other Regulated SBLC must report in writing to SBA on its interactions with other Federal Financial Institution Regulators or state banking regulator (e.g., the results of the safety and soundness examinations and any order issued against the Other Regulated SBLC), to the extent allowed by law.
(e)Notification of change in status. If, for any reason, an Other Regulated SBLC becomes no longer subject to regulation by a Federal Financial Institution Regulator or state banking regulator, the Other Regulated SBLC must immediately notify SBA in writing, and the exemption provided in § 120.1510 will immediately no longer apply.
(f)Extension of timeframes. SBA may in its discretion extend any timeframe imposed on the SBLC under this section if the SBLC can show good cause for any delay in meeting the time requirement. The SBLC may appeal this decision to the AA/CA.
(g)Failure to satisfy requirements. In the event that an SBLC fails to satisfy the requirements set forth in paragraphs (a), (b), and (c) of this section, then the exemption provided in § 120.1510 will not apply to the SBLC.