13 CFR 313.6 - Strategic Plans.
(a)General. An Impacted Community that intends to apply for a grant for implementation assistance under § 313.7 shall develop and submit a Strategic Plan to EDA for evaluation and approval. EDA shall evaluate the Strategic Plan based on the technical requirements set forth in paragraph (c) of this section.
(b)Involvement of private and public entities. To the extent practicable, an Impacted Community shall consult with the following entities in developing a Strategic Plan:
(3) Local workforce investment boards established under section 117 of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 ( 29 U.S.C. 2832);
(5) Educational institutions, local educational agencies, or other training providers serving the Impacted Community.
(1) An analysis of the capacity of the Impacted Community to achieve economic adjustment to the impact(s) of trade;
(3) An assessment of the commitment of the Impacted Community to the Strategic Plan over the long term and the participation and input of members of the Community affected by economic dislocation, including how the Strategic Plan will be integrated effectively with one or more applicable Comprehensive Economic Development Strategies (‘CEDS’) that have been developed in connection with EDA's economic development assistance programs as set out at § 303.7 of this chapter;
(7) An assessment of the cost of implementing the Strategic Plan, including the timing of funding required by the Impacted Community to implement the Strategic Plan and the method of financing to be used to implement the Strategic Plan; and
(d)Cost sharing limitation. Assistance awarded to an Impacted Community to develop a Strategic Plan under this section shall not exceed 75 percent of the cost of developing the Strategic Plan. In order to provide funding to as many merit-worthy Impacted Communities as feasible, EDA may base the amount of the Community's required share on the relative distress caused by the actual or threatened decline in the most recent Civilian Labor Force statistics effective on the date EDA receives an application to develop a Strategic Plan.