14 CFR 119.65 - Management personnel required for operations conducted under part 121 of this chapter.
(a) Each certificate holder must have sufficient qualified management and technical personnel to ensure the highest degree of safety in its operations. The certificate holder must have qualified personnel serving full-time in the following or equivalent positions:
(1) Director of Safety.
(2) Director of Operations.
(3) Chief Pilot.
(4) Director of Maintenance.
(5) Chief Inspector.
(b) The Administrator may approve positions or numbers of positions other than those listed in paragraph (a) of this section for a particular operation if the certificate holder shows that it can perform the operation with the highest degree of safety under the direction of fewer or different categories of management personnel due to -
(1) The kind of operation involved;
(2) The number and type of airplanes used; and
(3) The area of operations.
(c) The title of the positions required under paragraph (a) of this section or the title and number of equivalent positions approved under paragraph (b) of this section shall be set forth in the certificate holder's operations specifications.
(d) The individuals who serve in the positions required or approved under paragraph (a) or (b) of this section and anyone in a position to exercise control over operations conducted under the operating certificate must -
(1) Be qualified through training, experience, and expertise;
(2) To the extent of their responsibilities, have a full understanding of the following materials with respect to the certificate holder's operation -
(i) Aviation safety standards and safe operating practices;
(ii) 14 CFR Chapter I (Federal Aviation Regulations);
(iii) The certificate holder's operations specifications;
(iv) All appropriate maintenance and airworthiness requirements of this chapter (e.g., parts 1, 21, 23, 25, 43, 45, 47, 65, 91, and 121 of this chapter); and
(v) The manual required by § 121.133 of this chapter; and
(3) Discharge their duties to meet applicable legal requirements and to maintain safe operations.
(e) Each certificate holder must:
(1) State in the general policy provisions of the manual required by § 121.133 of this chapter, the duties, responsibilities, and authority of personnel required under paragraph (a) of this section;
(2) List in the manual the names and business addresses of the individuals assigned to those positions; and
(3) Notify the certificate-holding district office within 10 days of any change in personnel or any vacancy in any position listed.
Title 14 published on 03-May-2017 03:58
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 14 CFR Part 119 after this date.