14 CFR 1204.1404 - Requests for use of NASA airfield facilities.
(a) Request for use of a NASA airfield, whether on a one time or recurring basis, must be in writing and addressed to the appropriate NASA facility, namely:
(1) Shuttle Landing Facility. Director of Center Support Operations, John F. Kennedy Space Center, Kennedy Space Center, Florida 32899.
(2) Wallops Airport. Director of Suborbital Projects and Operations, Goddard Space Flight Center, Wallops Flight Facility, Wallops Island, Virginia 23337.
(3) Moffett Federal Airfield and Crows Landing Flight Facility. Chief, Airfield Management Office, Ames Research Center, Mail Stop 158-1, Moffett Field, California 94035-1000.
(2) State the purpose of the proposed use and the reason why the use of the NASA airfield is proposed rather than a commercial airport.
(3) Indicate the expected annual use, to include number and approximate date(s) and time(s) of such proposed use.
(4) State that the prospective user is prepared to fully comply with the terms of thissubpart 14 and the use permit which may be issued.
(c) Upon receipt of the written request for permission to use the airport, the NASA official designated by each facility will request additional information, if necessary, and forward both this regulation and the required Hold Harmless Agreement for execution by the requestor or forward, where appropriate, a denial of the request.
(d) The signed original of the Hold Harmless Agreement shall be returned to the designated NASA official, and a copy retained in the aircraft at all times. Such copy shall be exhibited upon proper demand by any designated NASA official.
(e) At the same time that the prospective user returns the executed original of the Hold Harmless Agreement, the user shall forward to the designated NASA official the required Certificate of Insurance and waiver of rights to subrogation. Such certificate shall evidence that during any period for which a permit to use is being requested, the prospective user has in force a policy of insurance covering liability in amounts not less than those listed in the Hold Harmless Agreement.
(f) When the documents (in form and substance) required by paragraphs b through e of this section have been received, they will be forwarded with a proposed use permit to the approving authority for action.
(g) The designated NASA official will forward the executed use permit or notification of denial thereof to the prospective user after the approving authority has acted.
[56 FR 35812, July 29, 1991, as amended at 60 FR 37568, July 21, 1995]
Title 14 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 14 CFR Part 1204.