14 CFR 1204.503 - Delegation of authority to grant easements.
(a)Scope. 40 U.S.C. 319 to 319C authorizes executive agencies to grant, under certain conditions, the easements as the head of the agency determines will not be adverse to the interests of the United States and subject to the provisions as the head of the agency deems necessary to protect the interests of the United States.
(b)Delegation of authority. The Assistant Administrator for Strategic Infrastructure and the Director, Integrated Asset Management Division, are delegated authority to take actions in connection with the granting of easements.
(c)Definitions. The following definitions will apply:
(2)Person includes any corporation, partnership, firm, association, trust, estate, or other entity.
(d)Determination. It is hereby determined that grants of easements made in accordance with the provisions of this section will not be adverse to the interests of the United States.
(1) NASA Center Directors with respect to real property under their supervision and management may, subject to the restrictions in paragraph (f) of this section, exercise the authority of the National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958, as amended, and 40 U.S.C. 319 to 319C to authorize or grant easements in, over, or upon real property of the United States controlled by NASA as will not be adverse to the interests of the United States.
(2) NASA Center Directors may redelegate this authority to only two senior management officials of the appropriate Center.
(1) The appropriate Center Director determines:
(i) That the interest in real property to be conveyed is not required for a NASA program.
(ii) That the grantee's exercise of rights under the easement will not interfere with NASA operations.
(2) Monetary or other benefit, including any interest in real property, is received by the government as consideration for the granting of the easement.
(3) The instrument granting the easement provides:
(i) For the termination of the easement, in whole or in part, and without cost to the government, if there has been:
(A) A failure to comply with any term or condition of the grant;
(B) A nonuse of the easement for a consecutive 2-year period for the purpose for which granted; or
(C) An abandonment of the easement; or
(D) A determination by the Assistant Administrator for Strategic Infrastructure, the Director, Integrated Asset Management Division, or the appropriate Center Director that the interests of the national space program, the national defense, or the public welfare require the termination of the easement; and a 30-day notice, in writing, to the grantee that the determination has been made.
(ii) That written notice of the termination shall be given to the grantee, or its successors or assigns, by the Assistant Administrator for Strategic Infrastructure , the Director, Integrated Asset Management Division, or the appropriate Center Director, and that termination shall be effective as of the date of the notice.
(iii) For any other reservations, exceptions, limitations, benefits, burdens, terms, or conditions necessary to protect the interests of the United States.
(g)Waivers. If, in connection with a proposed granting of an easement, the Center Director determines that a waiver from any of the restrictions in paragraph (f) of this section is appropriate, authority for the waiver may be requested from the Assistant Administrator for Strategic Infrastructure or the Director, Integrated Asset Management Division.
(h)Services of the Corps of Engineers. In exercising the authority herein granted, the Center Directors, under the applicable provisions of any cooperative agreement between NASA and the Corps of Engineers (in effect at that time), may:
(1) Utilize the services of the Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army.
(2) Delegate authority to the Corps of Engineers to execute, on behalf of NASA, grants of easements in real property, as authorized in this section, provided that the conditions set forth in paragraphs (f) and (g) of this section are complied with.
(i)Distribution of documents. One copy of each document granting an easement interest under this authority, including instruments executed by the Corps of Engineers, will be forwarded for filing in the Central Depository for Real Property Documents to: National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Office of Strategic Infrastructure, Integrated Asset Management Division, Washington, DC 20546.
Title 14 published on 2015-11-17.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 14 CFR Part 1204.