14 CFR 1204.504 - Delegation of authority to grant leaseholds, permits, and licenses in real property.
(a)Delegation of authority. The National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958, as amended, authorizes NASA to grant leaseholds, permits, and licenses in real property. This authority is delegated to the Assistant Administrator for Strategic Infrastructure and the Director, Facilities Engineering and Real Property Division.
(b)Definition. Real Property means land, buildings, other structures and improvements, appurtenances, and fixtures located thereon.
(c)Determination. It is hereby determined that grants of leaseholds, permits, or licenses made in accordance with the provisions of this section will not be adverse to the interests of the United States.
(1) Center Directors with respect to real property under their supervision and management may, subject to the restrictions in paragraph (e) of this section, grant a leasehold, permit, or license to any person or organization, including other Government agencies, a State, or political subdivision or agency thereof. This authority may not be exercised with respect to real property which is proposed for use by a NASA exchange and subject to the provisions of NASA Policy Directive 9050.6, NASA Exchange and Morale Support Activities.
(2) Center Directors may redelegate this authority to only two senior management officials of the NASA Center concerned.
(1) The Director of the Center Director concerned determines:
(i) That the interest to be granted is not required for a NASA program.
(ii) That the grantee's exercise of rights granted will not interfere with NASA operations.
(2) Fair value in money is received by NASA on behalf of the Government as consideration.
(3) The instrument provides:
(i) For a term not to exceed 5 years.
(ii) For the termination thereof, in whole or in part, and without cost to the Government if there has been:
(A) A failure to comply with any term or condition of the grant; or
(B) A determination by the Assistant Administrator for Strategic Infrastructure, the Director, Integrated Asset Management Division, or the Center Director concerned that the interests of the national space program, the national defense, or the public welfare require the termination of the interest granted; and a 30-day notice, in writing, to the grantee that such determination has been made.
(iii) That written notice of termination shall be given to the grantee, or its successors or assigns, by the Assistant Administrator for Strategic Infrastructure, the Director, Integrated Asset Management Division, or the Center Director concerned, and that termination shall be effective as of the date specified by such notice.
(iv) For any other reservations, exceptions, limitations, benefits, burdens, terms, or conditions necessary to protect the interests of the United States.
(f)Waivers. If, in connection with a proposed grant, the Center Director determines that a waiver from any of the restrictions set forth in paragraph (e) of this section is appropriate, a request may be submitted to the Associate Administrator for Strategic Infrastructure or the Director, Integrated Asset Management Division.
(g)Services of the Corps of Engineers. In exercising the authority herein granted, NASA Center Directors, pursuant to the applicable provisions of any cooperative agreement between NASA and the Corps of Engineers (in effect at the time), may:
(1) Utilize the services of the Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army.
(2) Delegate authority to the Corps of Engineers to execute, on behalf of NASA, any grants of interests in real property as authorized in this section provided that the conditions set forth in paragraphs (e) and (f) of this section are complied with.
(h)Distribution of Documents. One copy of each document granting an interest in real property, including instruments executed by the Corps of Engineers, will be forwarded for filing in the Central Depository for Real Property Documents to: National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Office of Strategic Infrastructure, Washington, DC 20546.
Title 14 published on 2015-11-17.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 14 CFR Part 1204.