14 CFR 1206.200 - Types of records to be made available.
prev | next
(a) Records required to be published in the Federal Register. The following records are required to be published in the Federal Register, for codification in Title 14, Chapter V, of the CFR.
(1) Description of NASA Headquarters and NASA Centers and the established places at which, the employees from whom, and the methods whereby, the public may secure information, make submittals or requests, or obtain decisions;
(2) Statements of the general course and method by which NASA's functions are channeled and determined, including the nature and requirements of all formal and informal procedures available;
(3) Rules of procedure, descriptions of forms available or the places at which forms may be obtained, and instructions regarding the scope and contents of all papers, reports, or examinations;
(4) Substantive rules of general applicability adopted as authorized by law, and statements of general policy or interpretations of general applicability formulated and adopted by NASA;
(1) Unless they are exempt from disclosure in accordance with the FOIA, or unless they are promptly published and copies offered for sale, NASA shall make available the following records for public inspection and copying or purchase:
(i) All final opinions (including concurring and dissenting opinions) and all orders made in the adjudication of cases;
(ii) Those statements of NASA policy and interpretations which have been adopted by NASA and are not published in theFederal Register;
(iii) Administrative staff manuals (or similar issuances) and instructions to staff that affect a member of the public;
(iv) Copies of all records, regardless of form or format, that have been released to any person under Subpart Cherein and which, because of the nature of their subject matter, the Agency determines have become or are likely to become the subject of subsequent requests for substantially the same records (frequently requested documents).
(i) For records created after November 1, 1997, which are covered by paragraph (b)(l)(i) through (b)(l)(iv) of this section, such records shall be available electronically, through an electronic library and in electronic forms or formats.
(ii) In connection with all records required to be made available or published under this paragraph (b), identifying details shall be deleted to the extent required to prevent a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy. However, in each case, the justification for the deletion shall be explained fully in writing. The extent of such deletion shall be indicated on the portion of the record which is made available or published, unless including that indication would harm an interest protected by an exemption in the FOIA. If technically feasible, the extent of the deletion shall be indicated at the place in the record where the deletion is made.
(1) In addition to the records made available or published under paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section, NASA shall, upon request for other records made in accordance with this part, make such records promptly available to any person, unless they are exempt from disclosure, or unless they may be purchased by the public from other readily available sources, i.e., books.
Title 14 published on .
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 14.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.