14 CFR 1206.605 - Appeals.
(a) A member of the public who has requested an Agency record in accordance with § 1206.601 or § 1206.602, and who has received an initial determination which does not comply fully with the request, may appeal such an adverse initial determination to the Administrator, or, for records as specified in § 1206.504, to the Inspector General under the procedures of this section.
(2) Be addressed to the Administrator, NASA Headquarters, Washington, DC 20546, or, for records as specified in § 1206.504, to the Inspector General, NASA Headquarters, Washington, DC 20546;
(3) Be identified clearly on the envelope and in the letter as an “Appeal under the Freedom of Information Act”;
(4) Include a copy of the request for the Agency record and a copy of the adverse initial determination;
(5) To the extent possible, state the reasons why the requester believes the adverse initial determination should be reversed; and
(6) Be sent to the Administrator or the Inspector General, as appropriate, within 30 calendar days of the date of receipt of the initial determination.
(c) An official authorized to make a final determination may waive any of the requirements of paragraph (b) of this section, in which case the time limit for the final determination (see § 1206.607(a)) shall run from the date of such waiver.
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
This section’s status may have changed. It may have been renumbered, reserved, or removed.