14 CFR 1212.705 - System manager.
(a) Each system manager is responsible for the following with regard to the system of records over which the system manager has cognizance:
(1) Overall compliance with this part, NASA Policy Directive (NPD) 1382.17 and NASA Procedural Requirements (NPR) 1382.1.
(2) Ensuring that each person involved in the design, development, operation, or maintenance of the system of records is instructed with respect to the requirements of this regulation and the possible penalties for noncompliance;
(3) Submitting a request to the Associate Deputy Administrator for an exemption of the system under subpart 1212.5 of this part, setting forth in proposed rulemaking form the reasons for the exemption and citing the specific provision of the Privacy Act which is believed to authorize the exemption;
(4) After consultation with the Office of the General Counsel or the Chief Counsel, making reasonable efforts to serve notice on an individual when any record on such individual is made available to any person under compulsory legal process when such process becomes a matter of public record;
(5) Making an initial determination on an individual's request to correct or amend a record, in accordance with § 1212.302;
(6) Prior to disclosure of any record about an individual, assuring that the record is first reviewed for accuracy, completeness, timeliness, and relevance;
(7) Authorizing disclosures of a record without the individual's consent under § 1212.203(f)(1) through (12);
(8) Responding within the requirements of § 1212.200 to an individual's request for information as to whether the system contains a record pertaining to the individual;
(9) Responding to an individual's request for access and copying of a record, in accordance with subpart 1212.2 of this part;
(10) Amending a record under subpart 1212.3 of this part, or filing in an individual's record a statement of dispute;
(11) Preparing an addendum to an individual's statement of dispute to be filed in the individual's records, in accordance with § 1212.401;
(13) Notifying persons to whom a record has been disclosed and for which an accounting was made as to disputes and corrections involving the record; and
(14) Developing appropriate safeguards for the system of records in accordance with § 1212.605(a).
(b) Where a system of records has subsystems described in the system notice, the subsystem manager will have the responsibilities outlined in paragraph (a) of this section. Although the system manager has no line authority over subsystem managers, the system manager does have overall functional responsibility for the total system, and may issue guidance to subsystem managers on implementation of this part. When furnishing information for required reports, the system manager will be responsible for reporting the entire system of records, including any subsystems.
(c) Exercise of the responsibilities and authorities in paragraph (a) of this section by any system or subsystem managers at a NASA Center shall be subject to any conditions or limitations imposed in accordance with § 1212.704(a)(4) and (5).