14 CFR 1212.705 - System manager.
(1) Overall compliance with this part, NASA Policy Directive (NPD) 1382.17 and NASA Procedural Requirements (NPR) 1382.1.
(2) Ensuring that each person involved in the design, development, operation, or maintenance of the system of records is instructed with respect to the requirements of this regulation and the possible penalties for noncompliance;
(3) Submitting a request to the Associate Deputy Administrator for an exemption of the system under subpart 1212.5 of this part, setting forth in proposed rulemaking form the reasons for the exemption and citing the specific provision of the Privacy Act which is believed to authorize the exemption;
(4) After consultation with the Office of the General Counsel or the Chief Counsel, making reasonable efforts to serve notice on an individual when any record on such individual is made available to any person under compulsory legal process when such process becomes a matter of public record;
(14) Developing appropriate safeguards for the system of records in accordance with § 1212.605(a).
(b) Where a system of records has subsystems described in the system notice, the subsystem manager will have the responsibilities outlined in paragraph (a) of this section. Although the system manager has no line authority over subsystem managers, the system manager does have overall functional responsibility for the total system, and may issue guidance to subsystem managers on implementation of this part. When furnishing information for required reports, the system manager will be responsible for reporting the entire system of records, including any subsystems.
(c) Exercise of the responsibilities and authorities in paragraph (a) of this section by any system or subsystem managers at a NASA Center shall be subject to any conditions or limitations imposed in accordance with § 1212.704(a)(4) and (5).