14 CFR 1253.550 - Sex as a bona fide occupational qualification.
A recipient may take action otherwise prohibited by §§ 1253.500 through 1253.550 provided it is shown that sex is a bona fide occupational qualification for that action, such that consideration of sex with regard to such action is essential to successful operation of the employment function concerned. A recipient shall not take action pursuant to this section that is based upon alleged comparative employment characteristics or stereotyped characterizations of one or the other sex, or upon preference based on sex of the recipient, employees, students, or other persons, but nothing contained in this section shall prevent a recipient from considering an employee's sex in relation to employment in a locker room or toilet facility used only by members of one sex.
- 14 CFR 1253.550 — Sex as a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification.
- 14 CFR 1253.500 — Employment.
- 14 CFR 1253.440 — Health and Insurance Benefits and Services.
- 14 CFR 1253.510 — Recruitment.
- 14 CFR 1253.535 — Effect of State or Local Law or Other Requirements.
- 14 CFR 1253.520 — Job Classification and Structure.
- 14 CFR 1253.435 — Employment Assistance to Students.
Title 14 published on 2015-11-17.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 14 CFR Part 1253.