14 CFR 1261.110 - Settlement of claims.
(1) Claims in the amount of $5,000 or more will be acted upon by the General Counsel. Claims less than $5,000 will be acted upon by the Chief Counsel of the NASA Field Installation where the employee was assigned at the time of the loss or damage or the Assistant General Counsel for Litigation for NASA Headquarters claims.
(2) Claims arising for $5,000 or more shall be investigated by the Chief Counsel or Assistant General Counsel for Litigation, as appropriate, and a report and recommendation thereon shall be forwarded to the General Counsel.
(b)Action by settlement official.
(1) For each claim, the settlement official shall complete a report in duplicate on NASA Form 1204 and retain a claim file consisting of the original claim, the report, and any other relevant evidence or documents.
(2) When a claim is allowed in an amount acceptable to the claimant, the settlement official shall prepare a “Voucher for Payment of Employees' Personal Property Claims” (NASA Form 1220), have it properly executed by the claimant, and forward it with a copy of the approved claim (NASA Form 1204) to the appropriate NASA fiscal or financial management office for payment.
(3) When a claim is disallowed or is partially allowed in an amount unacceptable to the claimant, the settlement official shall notify the claimant in writing of the action taken and the reasons therefor. If not satisfied with the action taken, the claimant may, within 60 days after receipt of such notice, request reconsideration of the claim and may submit any new evidence that he/she feels to be pertinent to the claim. If such a claim has been disallowed at the field installation level, the claimant may request reconsideration by the field installation, or by the General Counsel, or both.
(c)Final and conclusive. The settlement of a claim under this subpart, whether by full or partial allowance or disallowance, is final and conclusive.
Title 14 published on 2015-11-17.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 14 CFR Part 1261.