14 CFR 142.11 - Application for issuance or amendment.
(1) Be made on a form and in a manner prescribed by the Administrator;
(2) Be filed with the FAA Flight Standards District Office that has jurisdiction over the area in which the applicant's principal business office is located; and
(3) Be made at least 120 calendar days before the beginning of any proposed training or 60 calendar days before effecting an amendment to any approved training, unless a shorter filing period is approved by the Administrator.
(b) Each application for a training center certificate and training specification shall provide -
(1) A statement showing that the minimum qualification requirements for each management position are met or exceeded;
(3) The proposed training authorizations and training specifications requested by the applicant;
(4) The proposed evaluation authorization;
(5) A description of the flight training equipment that the applicant proposes to use;
(6) A description of the applicant's training facilities, equipment, qualifications of personnel to be used, and proposed evaluation plans;
(8) A description of a recordkeeping system that will identify and document the details of training, qualification, and certification of students, instructors, and evaluators;
(9) A description of quality control measures proposed; and
(10) A method of demonstrating the applicant's qualification and ability to provide training for a certificate or rating in fewer than the minimum hours prescribed in part 61 of this chapter if the applicant proposes to do so.
(c) The facilities and equipment described in paragraph (b)(6) of this section shall -
(1) Be available for inspection and evaluation prior to approval; and
(2) Be in place and operational at the location of the proposed training center prior to issuance of a certificate under this part.
(d) An applicant who meets the requirements of this part and is approved by the Administrator is entitled to -
(1) A training center certificate containing all business names included on the application under which the certificate holder may conduct operations and the address of each business office used by the certificate holder; and
(i) The type of training authorized, including approved courses;
(ii) The category, class, and type of aircraft that may be used for training, testing, and checking;
(iii) For each flight simulator or flight training device, the make, model, and series of airplane or the set of airplanes being simulated and the qualification level assigned, or the make, model, and series of rotorcraft, or set of rotorcraft being simulated and the qualification level assigned;
(vi) Authorized deviations or waivers from this part; and
(vii) Any other items the Administrator may require or allow.
(1) Held a training center certificate that was revoked, suspended, or terminated within the previous 5 years; or
(2) Employs or proposes to employ a person who -
(i) Was previously employed in a management or supervisory position by the holder of a training center certificate that was revoked, suspended, or terminated within the previous 5 years;
(ii) Exercised control over any certificate holder whose certificate has been revoked, suspended, or terminated within the last 5 years; and
(iii) Contributed materially to the revocation, suspension, or termination of that certificate and who will be employed in a management or supervisory position, or who will be in control of or have a substantial ownership interest in the training center.
(3) Has provided incomplete, inaccurate, fraudulent, or false information for a training center certificate;
(4) Should not be granted a certificate if the grant would not foster aviation safety.
(2) Upon timely application by the certificate holder.
(g) The certificate holder must file an application to amend a training center certificate at least 60 calendar days prior to the applicant's proposed effective amendment date unless a different filing period is approved by the Administrator.
Title 14 published on 03-May-2017 03:58
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 14 CFR Part 142 after this date.