14 CFR 15.109 - Settlements.
(a) A publisher may not settle a claim with another party, for which the publisher has sought, or intends to seek, indemnification under this part, unless -
(1) The publisher submits a copy of the proposed settlement, and a statement justifying the settlement, to the Chief Counsel of the FAA; and
(2) The Administrator and where necessary, the appropriate official of the Department of Justice, approves the proposed settlement.
(3) The publisher submits a signed release that clearly releases the United States from any further liability to the publisher and the claimant.
(1) So notify the publisher by registered mail within 60 days of receipt of the proposed settlement; and
(2) Explain why the request for indemnification was not approved.
(d) If the Administrator does not have sufficient information to approve or disapprove the proposed settlement, the Administrator will request, within 60 days after receipt of the proposed settlement, the additional information needed to make a determination.