14 CFR 15.113 - Indemnification agreements.
(a) Upon a finding of the Administrator that indemnification is required under this part, and after obtaining the concurrence of the United States Department of Justice, the FAA will promptly enter into an indemnification agreement providing for the payment of the costs specified in paragraph (c) of this section.
(b) The indemnification agreement will be signed by the Chief Counsel and the publisher.
(c) The FAA will indemnify the publisher for -
(1) Compensatory damages awarded by the court against the publisher;
(2) Reasonable costs and fees, including reasonable attorney fees at a rate not to exceed that permitted under the Equal Access to Justice Act ( 5 U.S.C. 504), and any postjudgment interest, if the publisher conducts a good faith defense, or pursues a good faith appeal, at the request, or with the concurrence, of the FAA.
(d) Except as otherwise provided in this section, the FAA will not indemnify the publisher for -
(1) Punitive or exemplary damages;
(2) Civil or criminal fines or any other litigation sanctions;
(3) Postjudgment interest;
(5) Attorney fees; or
(6) Other incidental expenses.
(e) The indemnification agreement must provide that the Government will be subrogated to all claims or rights of the publisher, including third-party claims, cross-claims, and counterclaims.