14 CFR § 158.27 - Review of applications.
(a) General. This section describes the process for review of all applications filed under § 158.25 of this part.
(b) Determination of completeness. Within 30 days after receipt of an application by the FAA Airports office, the Administrator determines whether the application substantially complies with the requirements of § 158.25.
(c) Process for substantially complete application. If the Administrator determines the application is substantially complete, the following procedures apply:
(2) The Administrator may opt to publish a notice in the Federal Register advising that the Administrator intends to rule on the application and inviting public comment, as set forth in paragraph (e) of this section. If the Administrator publishes a notice, the Administrator will provide a copy of the notice to the public agency.
(i) Shall make available for inspection, upon request, a copy of the application, notice, and other documents germane to the application, and
(ii) May publish the notice in a newspaper of general circulation in the area where the airport covered by the application is located.
(4) After reviewing the application and any public comments received from a Federal Register notice, the Administrator issues a final decision approving or disapproving the application, in whole or in part, before 120 days after the FAA Airports office received the application.
(d) Process for applications not substantially complete. If the Administrator determines an application is not substantially complete, the following procedures apply:
(3) If the public agency declines to supplement the application, the Administrator follows the procedures for review of an application set forth in paragraph (c) of this section and issues a final decision approving or disapproving the application, in whole or in part, no later than 120 days after the application was received by the FAA Airports office.
(4) If the public agency supplements its application, the original application is deemed to be withdrawn for purposes of applying the statutory deadline for the Administrator's decision. Upon receipt of the supplement, the Administrator issues a final decision approving or disapproving the supplemented application, in whole or in part, no later than 120 days after the supplement was received by the FAA Airports office.
(e) The Federal Register notice. The Federal Register notice includes the following information:
(3) The address and telephone number of the FAA Airports office at which the application may be inspected;
(4) The Administrator's determination on whether the application is substantially complete and any information required to complete the application; and
(5) The due dates for any public comments.
(f) Public comments.
(2) Three copies of these comments shall be submitted to the FAA Airports office identified in the Federal Register notice.
(3) Commenters shall also provide one copy of their comments to the public agency.