14 CFR 171.203 - Requests for IFR procedure.
(a) Each person who requests an IFR procedure which will incorporate the use of a VHF marker beacon facility that he owns must submit the following information with that request:
(1) A description of the facility and evidence that the equipment meets the performance requirements of § 171.207 and is installed in accordance with § 171.209.
(2) A proposed procedure for operating the facility.
(3) A proposed maintenance organization and a maintenance manual that meets the requirements of § 171.211.
(4) A statement of intent to meet the requirement of this subpart.
(5) A showing that the facility has an acceptable level of operational reliability, and an acceptable standard of performance. Previous equivalent operational experience may be shown to comply with this subparagraph.
(b) After the Federal Aviation Administration inspects and evaluates the facility, it advises the owner of the results and of any required changes in the facility or the maintenance manual or maintenance organization. The owner shall then correct the deficiencies, if any, and operate the facility for an in-service evaluation by the Federal Aviation Administration.