14 CFR 171.45 - Minimum requirements for approval.
(1) The facility's performance, as determined by air and ground inspection, must meet the requirements of § 171.47.
(2) The installation of the equipment must meet the requirements of § 171.49.
(3) The owner must agree to operate and maintain the facility in accord- ance with § 171.51.
(4) The owner must agree to furnish periodic reports, as set forth in § 171.53 and agree to allow the FAA to inspect the facility and its operation whenever necessary.
(6) The owner must bear all costs of meeting the requirements of this section and of any flight or ground inspections made before the facility is commissioned, except that the Federal Aviation Administration may bear certain of these costs subject to budgetary limitations and policy established by the Administrator.
(b) If the applicant for approval meets the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section, the FAA commissions the facility as a prerequisite to its approval for use in an IFR procedure. The approval is withdrawn at any time the facility does not continue to meet those requirements. In addition, the facility may be de-commissioned whenever the frequency channel is needed for higher priority common system service.