14 CFR 204.3 - Applicants for new certificate or commuter air carrier authority.
An applicant for a type of certificate authority it does not currently hold or for commuter air carrier authority shall file the data set forth in paragraphs (a) through (v) of this section. In addition, the Department may require an applicant to provide additional data if necessary to reach an informed judgment about its fitness. If the applicant has previously formally filed any of the required data with the Department or with another Federal agency and they are available to the Department, and those data continue to reflect the current state of the carrier's fitness, the applicant may instead identify the data and provide a citation for the date(s) and place(s) of filing. Prior to filing any data, the applicant may contact the Air Carrier Fitness Division to ascertain what data required by this section are already available to the Department and need not be included in the filing.
If the applicant intends to use as evidence data it has previously filed pursuant to part 241 reporting requirements and those data contain errors, the applicant must first file corrected reports in accordance with § 241.22(g).
(a) The name, address, and telephone number of the applicant.
(b) The form of the applicant's organization.
(c) The State law(s) under which the applicant is organized.
(d) If the applicant is a corporation, a statement provided by the Office of the Secretary of State, or other agent of the State in which the applicant is incorporated, certifying that the applicant corporation is in good standing.
(e) A sworn affidavit stating that the applicant is a citizen of the United States.
(f) The identity of the key personnel who would be employed by the applicant, including:
(1) Their names and addresses;
(2) The experience, expertise, and responsibilities of each;
(3) The number of shares of the applicant's voting stock held by each and the percentage of the total number of such shares issued and outstanding, and the citizenship and principal business of any person for whose account, if other than the holder, such interest is held;
(4) The citizenship of each; and
(5) A description of the officerships, directorships, shares of stock (if 10 percent or more of total voting stock outstanding), and other interests each holds or has held in any air carrier, foreign air carrier, common carrier, person substantially engaged in the business of aeronautics or persons whose principal business (in purpose or fact) is the holding of stock in or control of any air carrier, common carrier or person substantially engaged in the business of aeronautics.
(g) A list of all persons having a substantial interest in the applicant. Such list shall include:
(1) Each person's name, address and citizenship;
(2) The number of shares of the applicant's voting stock held by each such person and the corresponding percentage of the total number of such shares issued and outstanding, and the citizenship and principal business of any person for whose account, if other than the holder, such interest is held;
(3) If any two or more persons holding a substantial interest in the applicant are related by blood or marriage, such relationship(s) shall be included in the list; and
(4) If any person or subsidiary of a person having a substantial interest in the applicant is or has ever been
(i) An air carrier, a foreign air carrier, a common carrier, or
(ii) Substantially engaged in the business of aeronautics, or
(iii) An officer or director of any such entity, or
(iv) A holder of 10 percent or more of total outstanding voting stock of any such entity, the list shall describe such relationship(s).
(h) A list of the applicant's subsidiaries, if any, including a description of each subsidiary's principal business and relationship to the applicant.
(i) A list of the applicant's shares of stock in, or control of, any air carrier, foreign air carrier, common carrier, or person substantially engaged in the business of aeronautics.
(j) To the extent any relevant corporation has been engaged in any business prior to the filing of the application, each applicant shall provide:
(1) Copies of the 10K Annual Reports filed in the past 3 years by any relevant corporation required to file such reports with the
(2) Copies of recently filed 10Q Quarterly Reports, as necessary, in order to show the financial condition and results of operations of the enterprise current to within 3 months of the date of the filing of the application.
(k) If 10K Reports are not filed with the
(1) The Balance Sheet of each relevant corporation;
(2) The Income Statement of each relevant corporation;
(3) All footnotes applicable to the financial statements, including:
(i) A statement as to whether the documents were prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and
(ii) A description of the significant accounting policies of each relevant corporation, such as for depreciation, amortization of intangibles, overhauls, unearned revenues, and cost capitalization;
(4) A statement of significant events occurring subsequent to the most recent Balance Sheet date for each relevant corporation; and
(5) A statement identifying the person who has prepared the financial statements, his or her accounting qualifications, and any affiliation he or she has with the applicant.
(l) A list of all actions and outstanding judgments for more than $5,000 against any relevant corporation, key personnel employed (or to be employed) by any relevant corporation, or person having a substantial interest in any relevant corporation, including the amount of each judgment, the party to whom it is payable, and how long it has been outstanding.
(m) The number of actions and outstanding judgments of less than $5,000 against each relevant corporation, key personnel employed (or to be employed) by any relevant corporation, or person having a substantial interest in any relevant corporation, and the total amount owed by each on such judgments.
(n) A description of the applicant's fleet of aircraft, including:
(1) The number of each type of aircraft owned, leased and to be purchased or leased;
(2) Applicant's plans, including financing plans, for the purchase or lease of additional aircraft; and
(3) A sworn affidavit stating that each aircraft owned or leased has been certified by the FAA and currently complies with all FAA safety standards.
(o) A description of the current status of all pending investigations, enforcement actions, and formal complaints filed by the Department, including the FAA, involving the applicant or any relevant corporation, any personnel employed (or to be employed) by any relevant corporation or person having a substantial interest in any relevant corporation, regarding compliance with the Statute or orders, rules, regulations, or requirements issued pursuant to the Statute, and any corrective actions taken. (If an applicant has a compliance history that warrants it, additional information may be required.)
(p) A description of all charges of unfair or deceptive or anticompetitive business practices, or of fraud, felony or antitrust violation, brought against any relevant corporation or person having a substantial interest in any relevant corporation, or member of the key personnel employed (or to be employed) by any relevant corporation in the past 10 years. Such descriptions shall include the disposition or current status of each such proceeding.
(q) A description of any aircraft accidents or incidents (as defined in the
(1) The date of the occurrence;
(2) The type of flight;
(3) The number of passengers and crew on board and an enumeration of any injuries or fatalities;
(4) A description of any damage to the aircraft;
(5) The FAA and NTSB file numbers and the status of the investigations, including any enforcement actions initiated against the carrier or any of its personnel; and
(6) Positive actions taken to prevent recurrence. (If an applicant's history of accidents or incidents warrants it, additional information may be required.)
(r) A brief narrative history of the applicant.
(s) A description of all Federal, State and foreign authority under which the applicant has conducted or is conducting transportation operations, and the identify of the local FAA office and personnel responsible for processing an application for any additional FAA authority needed to conduct the proposed operations.
(t) A description of the service to be operated if the application is granted, including:
(1) A forecast Balance Sheet for the first normal year ending after the initially proposed operations have been incorporated, along with the assumptions underlying the accounts and amounts shown; and
(2) A forecast Income Statement, broken down by quarters, for the first year ending after the initially proposed operations are normalized, and an itemization of all pre-operating and start-up costs associated with the initiation of the proposed service. Such Income Statement shall include estimated revenue block hours (or airborne hours, for charter operators) and revenue miles by type of aircraft, number of passengers and number of tons of mail and cargo to be carried, transport revenues and an estimate of the traffic which would be generated in each market receiving the proposed service. Such statements shall also include a statement as to whether the statements were prepared on the accrual or cash basis, an explanation of how the estimated costs and revenues were developed, a description of the manner in which costs and revenues are allocated, how the underlying traffic forecasts were made, and what load factor has been assumed for the average and peak month. Pre-operating and start-up costs should include, but are not limited to, the following: Obtaining necessary government approval; establishing stations; introductory advertising; aircraft, equipment and space facility deposits and rent; training; and salaries earned prior to start-up.
(u) A signed counterpart of Agreement 18900 (OST Form 4523) as required by part 203 of this chapter.
(v) The following certification, which shall accompany the application and all subsequent written submissions filed by the applicant in connection with its application:
Pursuant to title 18 United States Code section 1001, I [the individual signing the application, who shall be a principal owner, senior officer, or internal counsel of the applicant], in my individual capacity and as the authorized representative of the applicant, have not in any manner knowingly and willfully falsified, concealed or covered up any material fact or made any false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or knowingly used any documents which contain such statements in connection with the preparation, filing or prosecution of the application. I understand that an individual who is found to have violated the provisions of 18 U.S.C. section 1001 shall be fined nor more than $10,000 or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.