14 CFR 27.307 - Proof of structure.
(a) Compliance with the strength and deformation requirements of this subpart must be shown for each critical loading condition accounting for the environment to which the structure will be exposed in operation. Structural analysis (static or fatigue) may be used only if the structure conforms to those structures for which experience has shown this method to be reliable. In other cases, substantiating load tests must be made.
(b) Proof of compliance with the strength requirements of this subpart must include -
(1) Dynamic and endurance tests of rotors, rotor drives, and rotor controls;
(2) Limit load tests of the control system, including control surfaces;
(3) Operation tests of the control system;
(4) Flight stress measurement tests;
(5) Landing gear drop tests; and
(6) Any additional test required for new or unusual design features.
Title 14 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 14 CFR Part 27 after this date.