14 CFR 29.45 - General.
(a) The performance prescribed in this subpart must be determined -
(1) With normal piloting skill and;
(2) Without exceptionally favorable conditions.
(b) Compliance with the performance requirements of this subpart must be shown -
(1) For still air at sea level with a standard atmosphere and;
(2) For the approved range of atmospheric variables.
(c) The available power must correspond to engine power, not exceeding the approved power, less -
(1) Installation losses; and
(2) The power absorbed by the accessories and services at the values for which certification is requested and approved.
(e) For turbine engine-powered rotorcraft, the performance, as affected by engine power, must be based on a relative humidity of -
(1) 80 percent, at and below standard temperature; and
(2) 34 percent, at and above standard temperature plus 50 °F.
(f) For turbine-engine-power rotorcraft, a means must be provided to permit the pilot to detemine prior to takeoff that each engine is capable of developing the power necessary to achieve the applicable rotorcraft performance prescribed in this subpart.
Title 14 published on 03-May-2017 03:58
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 14 CFR Part 29 after this date.