14 CFR 36.1583 - Noncomplying agricultural and fire fighting airplanes.
(2) Have not been shown to comply with the noise levels prescribed under appendix F of this part -
(i) For which application is made for the original issue of a standard airworthiness certificate and that do not have any flight time before January 1, 1980; or
(ii) For which application is made for an acoustical change approval, for airplanes which have a standard airworthiness certificate after the change in the type design, and that do not have any flight time in the changed configuration before January 1, 1980.
(b) For airplanes covered by this section an operating limitation reading as follows must be furnished in the manner prescribed in § 36.1581:
Noise abatement: This airplane has not been shown to comply with the noise limits in FAR Part 36 and must be operated in accordance with the noise operating limitation prescribed under FAR § 91.815.
- 14 CFR 21.93 — Classification of Changes in Type Design.
- 14 CFR 36.1 — Applicability and Definitions.
- 14 CFR 36.1581 — Manuals, Markings, and Placards.
- 14 CFR 21.183 — Issue of Standard Airworthiness Certificates for Normal, Utility, Acrobatic, Commuter, and Transport Category Aircraft; Manned Free Balloons; And Special Classes of Aircraft.