14 CFR 36.6 - Incorporation by reference.
(a) General. This part prescribes certain standards and procedures which are not set forth in full text in the rule. Those standards and procedures are contained in published material which is reasonably available to the class of persons affected and has been approved for incorporation by reference by the Director of the Federal Register under 5 U.S.C. 552 (a) and 1 CFR Part 51.
(1) Each publication, or part of a publication, which is referenced but not set forth in full-text in this part and which is identified in paragraph (c) of this section is hereby incorporated by reference and made a part of part 36 of this chapter with the approval of the Director of the Federal Register.
(2) Incorporated matter which is subject to subsequent change is incorporated by reference according to the specific reference and to the identification statement. Adoption of any subsequent change in incorporated matter is made under Part 11 of this chapter and 1 CFR Part 51.
(c) Identification statement. The complete title or description which identifies each published matter incorporated by reference in this part is as follows:
(ii) IEC Publication No. 225, entitled “Octave, Half-Octave, Third Octave Band Filters Intended for the Analysis of Sounds and Vibrations,” dated 1966.
(iv) IEC Publication No. 561, entitled “Electro-acoustical Measuring Equipment for Aircraft Noise Certification,” first edition, dated 1976.
(v) IEC Publication No. 804, entitled “Integrating-averaging Sound Level Meters,” first edition, dated 1985.
(vi) IEC Publication 61094-3, entitled “Measurement Microphones—Part 3: Primary Method for Free-Field Calibration of Laboratory Standard Microphones by the Reciprocity Technique”, edition 1.0, dated 1995.
(vii) IEC Publication 61094-4, entitled “Measurement Microphones—Part 4: Specifications for Working Standard Microphones”, edition 1.0, dated 1995.
(viii) IEC Publication 61260, entitled “Electroacoustics-Octave-Band and Fractional-Octave-Band filters”, edition 1.0, dated 1995.
(ix) IEC Publication 61265, entitled “Instruments for Measurement of Aircraft Noise-Performance Requirements for Systems to Measure One-Third-Octave-Band Sound pressure Levels in Noise Certification of Transport-Category Aeroplanes,” edition 1.0, dated 1995.
(i) SAE ARP 866A, entitled “Standard Values at Atmospheric Absorption as a Function of Temperature and Humidity for Use in Evaluating Aircraft Flyover Noise,” dated March 15, 1975.
(3) International Standards and Recommended Practices entitled “Environmental Protection, Annex 16 to the Convention on International Civil Aviation, Volume I, Aircraft Noise”, Third Edition, July 1993, Amendment 7, effective March 21, 2002.
(d) Availability for purchase. Published material incorporated by reference in this part may be purchased at the price established by the publisher or distributor at the following mailing addresses:
(i) International Electrotechnical Commission, 3, rue de Varembe, Case postale 131, 1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland.
(2) SAE publications. Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc., 400 Commonwealth Drive, Warrentown, Pennsylvania 15096.
(3) ICAO publications. International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Document Sales Unit, 999 University Street, Montreal, Quebec H3C 5H7, Canada.
(e) Availability for inspection. A copy of each publication incorporated by reference in this part is available for public inspection at the following locations:
(1) U.S. Department of Transportation, Docket Operations, West Building Ground Floor, Room W12-140, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590.
(2) The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202-741-6030, or go to: http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html.
(i) New England Region Headquarters, 12 New England Executive Park, Burlington, Massachusetts 01803.
(ii) Eastern Region Headquarters, Federal Building, John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport, Jamaica, New York 11430.
(iv) Great Lakes Region Headquarters, O'Hare Lake Office Center, 2300 East Devon Avenue, Des Plaines, Illinois 60018.
(v) Central Region Headquarters, Federal Building, 601 East 12th Street, Kanasa City Missouri 64106.
(vii) Northwest Mountain Region Headquarters, 1601 Lind Avenue, Southwest, Renton, Washington 98055.
[Amdt. 36-9, 43 FR 8739, Mar. 3, 1978, as amended by Amdt. 36-16, 53 FR 47400, Nov. 22, 1988; Amdt. 36-20, 57 FR 42854, Sept. 16, 1992; Amdt. 36-54, 67 FR 45212, July 8, 2002; Amdt. 36-24, 28 FR 1512, Jan. 10, 2003; 68 FR 2402, Jan. 16, 2003; Amdt. 36-26, 70 FR 38748, July 5, 2005; 72 FR 68475, Dec. 5, 2007]
Title 14 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 14 CFR Part 36.