14 CFR § 61.193 - Flight instructor privileges.
(a) A person who holds a flight instructor certificate is authorized within the limitations of that person's flight instructor certificate and ratings to train and issue endorsements that are required for:
(1) A student pilot certificate;
(2) A pilot certificate;
(3) A flight instructor certificate;
(4) A ground instructor certificate;
(6) An instrument rating;
(7) A flight review, operating privilege, or recency of experience requirement of this part;
(8) A practical test; and
(9) A knowledge test.
(b) A person who holds a flight instructor certificate is authorized, in a form and manner acceptable to the Administrator, to:
(1) Accept an application for a student pilot certificate or, for an applicant who holds a pilot certificate (other than a student pilot certificate) issued under part 61 of this chapter and meets the flight review requirements specified in § 61.56, a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating;
(2) Verify the identity of the applicant; and
(3) Verify that an applicant for a student pilot certificate meets the eligibility requirements in § 61.83 or an applicant for a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating meets the eligibility requirements in § 107.61 of this chapter.