14 CFR 91.1095 - Initial and transition training and checking: Flight instructors (aircraft), flight instructors (simulator).
(1) That person has satisfactorily completed initial or transition flight instructor training; and
(2) Within the preceding 24 months, that person satisfactorily conducts instruction under the observation of an FAA inspector, a program manager check pilot, or an aircrew designated examiner employed by the program manager. The observation check may be accomplished in part or in full in an aircraft, in a flight simulator, or in a flight training device.
(b) The observation check required by paragraph (a)(2) of this section is considered to have been completed in the month required if completed in the month before, or the month after, the month in which it is due.
(c) The initial ground training for flight instructors must include the following:
(1) Flight instructor duties, functions, and responsibilities.
(2) The applicable Code of Federal Regulations and the program manager's policies and procedures.
(3) The applicable methods, procedures, and techniques for conducting flight instruction.
(4) Proper evaluation of student performance including the detection of -
(i) Improper and insufficient training; and
(ii) Personal characteristics of an applicant that could adversely affect safety.
(5) The corrective action in the case of unsatisfactory training progress.
(6) The approved methods, procedures, and limitations for performing the required normal, abnormal, and emergency procedures in the aircraft.
(7) Except for holders of a flight instructor certificate -
(i) The fundamental principles of the teaching-learning process;
(ii) Teaching methods and procedures; and
(iii) The instructor-student relationship.
(d) The transition ground training for flight instructors must include the approved methods, procedures, and limitations for performing the required normal, abnormal, and emergency procedures applicable to the type, class, or category aircraft to which the flight instructor is in transition.
(e) The initial and transition flight training for flight instructors (aircraft) must include the following -
(1) The safety measures for emergency situations that are likely to develop during instruction;
(2) The potential results of improper or untimely safety measures during instruction;
(3) Training and practice from the left and right pilot seats in the required normal, abnormal, and emergency maneuvers to ensure competence to conduct the flight instruction required by this subpart; and
(4) The safety measures to be taken from either the left or right pilot seat for emergency situations that are likely to develop during instruction.
(g) The initial and transition flight training for a flight instructor (simulator) must include the following:
(1) Training and practice in the required normal, abnormal, and emergency procedures to ensure competence to conduct the flight instruction required by this subpart. These maneuvers and procedures must be accomplished in full or in part in a flight simulator or in a flight training device.
(2) Training in the operation of flight simulators, flight training devices, or both, to ensure competence to conduct the flight instruction required by this subpart.
Title 14 published on 2015-11-17
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 14 CFR Part 91 after this date.
Title 14 published on 2015-11-17.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 14.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.