15 CFR 2301.18 - Selection process.
(a) The PTFP Director will consider the summary evaluations prepared by program staff, rank the applications, and present recommendations to the OTIA Associate Administrator for review and approval. The Director's recommendations and the OTIA Associate Administrator's review and approval will take into account the following selection factors:
(1) The program staff evaluations, including the outside reviewers.
(4) Whether the applicant has any current NTIA grants.
(5) The geographic distribution of the proposed grant awards.
(6) The availability of funds.
(c) The Administrator makes final award selections taking into consideration the Director's recommendations and the degree to which the slate of applications, taken as a whole, satisfies the program's stated purposes set forth at § 2301.1 (a) and (c).
(d) No grant will be awarded until confirmation has been received from the FCC that any necessary authorization will be issued.
(e) After final award selections have been made, the Agency will notify the applicant of one of the following actions:
(1) Selection of the application for funding, in whole or in part;
(2) Deferral of the application for subsequent consideration;
(3) Rejection of the application with an explanation and the reason, if an applicant is not eligible or if the proposed project does not fall within at least one of the categories enumerated at § 2301.4; or
(4) Return of applications that were deferred by the Agency after consideration during three grant cycles.
(f) The Agency will notify the following organizations of those applications selected for funding:
(2) The FCC; and
(3) The Corporation for Public Broadcasting and, as appropriate, other public telecommunications entities.