15 CFR 2301.3 - Applicant eligibility.
(a) To apply for and receive a PTFP Construction or Planning Grant, an applicant must be:
(1) A public or noncommercial educational broadcast station;
(2) A noncommercial telecommunications entity;
(3) A system of public telecommunications entities;
(4) A nonprofit foundation, corporation, institution, or association organized primarily for educational or cultural purposes (see also 60 FR 66491 (Dec. 22, 1995)); or
(5) A state, local, or Indian tribal government (or agency thereof), or a political or special purpose subdivision of a state.
(b) An applicant whose proposal requires an authorization from the FCC must be eligible to receive such authorization.
(c) If an applicant does not meet the above eligibility requirements, the application may be rejected and returned without further consideration.
(d) An applicant may request a preliminary determination of eligibility any time prior to the closing date.