15 CFR 747.4 - Steps you must follow to apply for a SIRL.
(a) Step One: Prepare your documentation.
(1) Form BIS-748P, Multipurpose Application, and Form BIS-748P-A, Item Appendix. You must complete the Multipurpose Application Form (BIS-748P) to apply for a SIRL. Applications must specifically describe, on Form BIS-748P-A, Item Appendix, all items subject to the EAR to be exported or reexported to Iraq, or transferred within Iraq, for which BIS approval is sought. Export control classification numbers (ECCNs) must be identified for all such items. Applicants should provide BIS commodity classifications, where available, as this will assist BIS to rule upon the application quickly.
(2) Form BIS-748P-B, End-User Appendix. All end-users must be identified on Form BIS-748P-B, End-User Appendix.
(b) Step Two: Narrative statement to support application - In support of an application for a SIRL, exporters must submit with the application a narrative statement that includes the following information:
(1) Identity of all parties to the proposed transaction;
(2) Detailed description of the project, funding entity, the contract or work order which formed the basis of the transaction, and any identification number or project code for that contract or work order;
(3) Explanation of how the project will contribute to the reconstruction of Iraq and any potential security issues associated with the items to be exported, reexported or transferred;
(4) Written statement from one or more funding agencies referred to in § 747.2 addressing whether the transaction is likely to pose security issues;
(5) Certification that items will not be used in any of the prohibited proliferation activities described in part 744 of the EAR;
(6) For items that will remain in the control of the exporter, a commitment to return all items to the United States when the authorized project or activity is complete, excluding those items that are consumed in Iraq, absent specific permission from BIS; and
(7) Certification that parties to the transaction will obtain a license from BIS prior to transferring within Iraq or reexporting items to end-users not authorized under the SIRL, unless they would not require a BIS license to the new country of destination. (Please see the guidance in § 747.5(d) regarding the transfer of items to persons within Iraq not included on the End-User Appendix.)
Title 15 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 15 CFR Part 747 after this date.