16 CFR 1014.6 - Request for correction or amendment to a record.
(a) Any individual who has reviewed a record pertaining to himself or herself may request the Executive Director to correct or amend all or any part of the record.
(b) Each request for a correction or amendment of a record shall be in writing and shall contain the following information:
(1) The name of the individual requesting the correction or amendment;
(2) The name or other description of the system of records in which the record sought to be amended is maintained;
(3) The location of that record in the system of records to the extent that it is known;
(4) A copy of the record sought to be amended or a description of that record;
(5) A statement of the material in the record that should be corrected or amended;
(6) A statement of the specific wording of the correction or amendment sought; and
(7) A statement of the basis for the requested correction or amendment including any material that the individual can furnish to substantiate the reasons for the amendment sought.