16 CFR § 1702.2 - Procedural requirements and recommendations.
(a) Requirements. To be considered a petition for exemption from special packaging requirements under this part a document filed under this part must:
(1) Be mailed to the Office of the Secretary, Consumer Product Safety Commission, Washington, D.C. 20207, or delivered to the Office of the Secretary, Consumer Product Safety Commission, 4330 East West Highway, Bethesda, MD 20814,
(2) Be written in the English language,
(3) Contain the name and address of the petitioner,
(4) Contain an explicit request for exemption from special packaging requirements,
(5) Identify the category of substances under § 1700.14(a) from which the exemption is sought, and
(6) Identify the particular substance for which the exemption is sought.
(b) Failure to meet requirements. Where a submission fails to meet all of the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section, the Office of the Secretary shall notify the person submitting it, describe the deficiency, and explain that the petition may be resubmitted when the deficiency is corrected.
(c) Procedural recommendations. The following are procedural recommendations to help the Commission in its consideration of petitions. The Commission requests, but does not require, that petitions filed under this part:
(1) Be typewritten,
(2) Include the word “petition” in a heading preceding the text,
(3) Include the telephone number of the petitioner, and
(4) Be accompanied by at least five (5) copies of the petition.