(a) As used in this part, unless the context otherwise specifically requires:
(1) The term act means the Fur Products Labeling Act (approved Aug. 8, 1951, Pub. L. 110, 82d Cong., 1st Sess.; 15 U.S.C.A. sec. 69; 65 Stat. 179).
(2) The terms rule, rules, regulations, and rules and regulations, mean the rules and regulations prescribed by the Commission pursuant to section 8 (b) of the act.
(3) The definitions of terms contained in section 2 of the act shall be applicable also to such terms when used in rules promulgated under the act.
(4) The terms Fur Products Name Guide and Name Guide mean the register of names of hair fleece and fur bearing animals issued by the Commission on February 8, 1952, pursuant to the provisions of section 7 (a) of the act.
(5) The terms required information and information required mean the information required to be disclosed on labels, invoices and in advertising under the act and rules and regulations, and such further information as may be permitted by the regulations, when and if used.
(6) The term cat fur means the pelt or skin of any animal of the species Felis catus.
(7) The term dog fur means the pelt or skin of any animal of the species Canis familiaris.
(8) The term dog or cat fur product means any item of merchandise which consists, or is composed in whole or in part, of any dog fur, cat fur, or both.
(b) The term wearing apparel as used in the definition of a fur product in section 2(d) of the Act means (1) Any articles of clothing or covering for any part of the body; and (2) shall include any assembled furs, used furs, or waste furs, in attached form, including mats, plates or garment shells or furs flat off the board, and furs which have been dyed, tip-dyed, bleached or artificially colored, intended for use as or in wearing apparel: Provided, however, That the provisions of section 4(2) of the Act shall not be applicable to those fur products set out in paragraph (b)(2) of this section.
[17 FR 6075, July 8, 1952, as amended at 26 FR 3186, Apr. 14, 1961; 61 FR 67709, Dec. 24, 1996; 65 FR 82270, Dec. 28, 2000]
Title 16 published on 2014-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 16.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.