(a)Textile wearing apparel and certain piece goods. In connection with the sale, in or affecting commerce, of textile wearing apparel and certain piece goods, it is an unfair or deceptive act or practice for a manufacturer or importer:
(1) To fail to disclose to a purchaser, prior to sale, instructions which prescribe a regular care procedure necessary for the ordinary use and enjoyment of the product;
(2) To fail to warn a purchaser, prior to sale, when the product cannot be cleaned by any cleaning procedure, without being harmed;
(3) To fail to warn a purchaser, prior to sale, when any part of the prescribed regular care procedure, which a consumer or professional cleaner could reasonably be expected to use, would harm the product or others being cleaned with it;
(4) To fail to provide regular care instructions and warnings, except as to piece goods, in a form that can be referred to by the consumer throughout the useful life of the product;
(5) To fail to possess, prior to sale, a reasonable basis for all regular care information disclosed to the purchaser.
(b)Violations of this regulation. The Commission has adopted this regulation to prevent the unfair or deceptive acts or practices, defined in paragraph (a) of this section. Each manufacturer or importer covered by this regulation must comply with the requirements in §§ 423.2 and 423.6 through 423.8 of this regulation. Any manufacturer or importer who complies with the requirements of §§ 423.2 and 423.6 through 423.8 does not violate this regulation.
(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 3084-0046)
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.