17 CFR 160.8 - Revised privacy notices.
(a)General rule. Except as otherwise authorized in this part, you must not, directly or through any affiliate, disclose any nonpublic personal information about a consumer to a nonaffiliated third party other than as described in the initial notice that you provided to that consumer under § 160.4, unless:
(1) You have provided to the consumer a clear and conspicuous revised notice that accurately describes your policies and practices;
(2) You have provided to the consumer a new opt out notice;
(3) You have given the consumer a reasonable opportunity, before you disclose the information to the nonaffiliated third party, to opt out of the disclosure; and
(4) The consumer does not opt out.
(1) Except as otherwise permitted by §§ 160.13, 160.14, and 160.15, you must provide a revised notice before you:
(iii) Disclose nonpublic personal information about a former customer to a nonaffiliated third party, if that former customer has not had the opportunity to exercise an opt out right regarding that disclosure.
(c)Delivery. When you are required to deliver a revised privacy notice by this section, you must deliver it according to § 160.9.
Title 17 published on 09-May-2017 03:50
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 17 CFR Part 160 after this date.