17 CFR 165.5 - Prerequisites to the consideration of an award.
(a) Subject to the eligibility requirements described in these rules, the Commission will pay an award to one or more whistleblowers who:
(1) Provide a voluntary submission to the Commission;
(2) That contains original information; and
(3) That leads to the successful resolution of a covered Commission judicial or administrative action or successful enforcement of a related action; and
(b) In order to be eligible, the whistleblower must:
(1) Have given the Commission original information in the form and manner that the Commission requires in § 165.3 and be the original source of information;
(2) Provide the Commission, upon its staff's request, certain additional information, including: explanations and other assistance, in the manner and form that staff may request, in order that the staff may evaluate the use of the information submitted; all additional information in the whistleblower's possession that is related to the subject matter of the whistleblower's submission; and testimony or other evidence acceptable to the staff relating to the whistleblower's eligibility for an award; and
(3) If requested by Commission staff, enter into a confidentiality agreement in a form acceptable to the Commission, including a provision that a violation of the confidentiality agreement may lead to the whistleblower's ineligibility to receive an award.