17 CFR 19.00 - General provisions.
(a) Who must file series '04 reports. The following persons are required to file series '04 reports:
(1) All persons holding or controlling futures and option positions that are reportable pursuant to § 15.00(p)(2) of this chapter and any part of which constitute bona fide hedging positions as defined in § 1.3(z) of this chapter;
(2) Merchants and dealers of cotton holding or controlling positions for futures delivery in cotton that are reportable pursuant to § 15.00(p)(1)(i) of this chapter, or
(3) All persons holding or controlling positions for future delivery that are reportable pursuant to § 15.00(p)(1) of this chapter who have received a special call for series '04 reports from the Commission or its designee. Filings in response to a special call shall be made within one business day of receipt of the special call unless otherwise specified in the call. For the purposes of this paragraph, the Commission hereby delegates to the Director of the Division of Market Oversight, or to such other person designated by the Director, authority to issue calls for series '04 reports.
(b) Manner of reporting. The manner of reporting the information required in § 19.01 is subject to the following:
(1) Excluding products or byproducts of the cash commodity hedged. If the regular business practice of the reporting trader is to exclude certain products or byproducts in determining his cash positions for bona fide hedging (as defined in § 1.3(z) of this chapter), the same shall be excluded in the report. Such persons shall furnish to the Commission upon request detailed information concerning the kind and quantity of product or byproduct so excluded.
(2) Cross hedges. Cash positions that represent a commodity or products or byproducts of a commodity that is different from the commodity for future delivery in which such cash position is being hedged shall be shown both in terms of the commodity for future delivery and in terms of the cash commodity as provided for on the appropriate series '04 form.
(3) Standards and conversion factors. In computing their cash position, every person shall use such standards and conversion factors that are usual in the particular trade or that otherwise reflect the value-fluctuation-equivalents of the cash position in terms of the commodity for future delivery. Such person shall furnish to the Commission upon request detailed information concerning the basis for and derivation of such conversion factors.