17 CFR § 210.9-04 - Statements of comprehensive income.
The purpose of this section is to indicate the various items which, if applicable, should appear on the face of the statement of comprehensive income or in the notes thereto.
1. Interest and fees on loans. Include commitment and origination fees, late charges and current amortization of premium and accretion of discount on loans which are related to or are an adjustment of the loan interest rate.
2. Interest and dividends on investment securities. Disclosure separately (1) taxable interest income, (2) nontaxable interest income, and (3) dividends.
3. Trading account interest.
4. Other interest income.
5. Total interest income (total of lines 1 through 4).
6. Interest on deposits.
7. Interest on short-term borrowings.
8. Interest on long-term debt.
9. Total interest expense (total of lines 6 through 8).
10. Net interest income (line 5 minus line 9).
11. Provision for loan losses.
12. Net interest income after provision for loan losses.
13. Other income. Disclose separately any of the following amounts, or any other item of other income, which exceed one percent of the aggregate of total interest income and other income. The remaining amounts may be shown as one amount, except for investment securities gains or losses which shall be shown separately regardless of size.
(a) Commissions and fees and fiduciary activities.
(b) Commissions, broker's fees and markups on securities underwriting and other securities activities.
(c) Insurance commissions, fees and premiums.
(d) Fees for other customer services.
(e) Profit or loss on transactions in securities in dealer trading account.
(f) Equity in earnings of unconsolidated subsidiaries and 50 percent or less owned persons.
(g) Gains or losses on disposition of equity in securities of subsidiaries or 50 percent or less owned persons.
(h) Investment securities gains or losses. Related income taxes shall be disclosed.
14. Other expenses. Disclose separately any of the following amounts, or any other item of other expense, which exceed one percent of the aggregate of total interest income and other income. The remaining amounts may be shown as one amount.
(a) Salaries and employee benefits.
(b) Net occupancy expense of premises.
(d) Net cost of operation of other real estate (including provisions for real estate losses, rental income and gains and losses on sales of real estate).
15. Income or loss before income tax expense.
16. Income tax expense. The information required by § 210.4-08(h) should be disclosed.
20. Net income or loss.
21. Net income attributable to the noncontrolling interest.
22. Net income attributable to the controlling interest.
23. Other comprehensive income. State separately the components of and the total for other comprehensive income. Present the components either net of related tax effects or before related tax effects with one amount shown for the aggregate income tax expense or benefit. State the amount of income tax expense or benefit allocated to each component, including reclassification adjustments, in the statement of comprehensive income or in a note.
24. Comprehensive income.
25. Comprehensive income attributable to the noncontrolling interest.
26. Comprehensive income attributable to the controlling interest.
27. Earnings per share data.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.