17 CFR 229.302 - (Item 302) Supplementary financial information.
(a)Selected quarterly financial data. Registrants specified in paragraph (a)(5) of this Item shall provide the information specified below.
(1) Disclosure shall be made of net sales, gross profit (net sales less costs and expenses associated directly with or allocated to products sold or services rendered), income (loss) before extraordinary items and cumulative effect of a change in accounting, per share data based upon such income (loss), net income (loss) and net income (loss) attributable to the registrant, for each full quarter within the two most recent fiscal years and any subsequent interim period for which financial statements are included or are required to be included by Article 3 of Regulation S-X ( part 210 of this chapter).
(2) When the data supplied pursuant to paragraph (a) of this section vary from the amounts previously reported on the Form 10-Q (§ 249.308a of this chapter) filed for any quarter, such as would be the case when a combination between entities under common control occurs or where an error is corrected, reconcile the amounts given with those previously reported and describe the reason for the difference.
(3) Describe the effect of any disposals of segments of a business, and extraordinary, unusual or infrequently occurring items recognized in each full quarter within the two most recent fiscal years and any subsequent interim period for which financial statements are included or are required to be included by Article 3 of Regulation S-X, as well as the aggregate effect and the nature of year-end or other adjustments which are material to the results of that quarter.
(4) If the financial statements to which this information relates have been reported on by an accountant, appropriate professional standards and procedures, as enumerated in the Statements of Auditing Standards issued by the Auditing Standards Board of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, shall be followed by the reporting accountant with regard to the data required by this paragraph (a).
(5) This paragraph (a) applies to any registrant, except a foreign private issuer, that has securities registered pursuant to sections 12(b) ( 15 U.S.C. § 78l(b)) (other than mutual life insurance companies) or 12(g) of the Exchange Act ( 15 U.S.C. § 78l(g)).
(b)Information about oil and gas producing activities. Registrants engaged in oil and gas producing activities shall present the information about oil and gas producing activities (as those activities are defined in Regulation S-X, § 210.4-10(a)) specified in FASB ASC Topic 932, Extractive Activities - Oil and Gas, if such oil and gas producing activities are regarded as significant under one or more of the tests set forth in FASB ASC Subtopic 932-235, Extractive Activities - Oil and Gas - Notes to Financial Statements, for ‘Significant Activities.’
2. This paragraph, together with § 210.4-10 of Regulation S-X, prescribes financial reporting standards for the preparation of accounts by persons engaged, in whole or in part, in the production of crude oil or natural gas in the United States, pursuant to Section 503 of the Energy Policy and Conservation Act of 1975 ( 42 U.S.C. 8383) (“EPCA”) and Section 11(c) of the Energy Supply and Environmental Coordination Act of 1974 ( 15 U.S.C. 796) (“ESECA”) as amended by Section 506 of EPCA. The application of the paragraph to those oil and gas producing operations of companies regulated for ratemaking purposes on an individual-company-cost-of-service basis may, however, give appropriate recognition to differences arising because of the effect of the ratemaking process.
3. Any person exempted by the Department of Energy from any record-keeping or reporting requirements pursuant to Section 11(c) of ESECA, as amended, is similarly exempted from the related provisions of this paragraph in the preparation of accounts pursuant to EPCA. This exemption does not affect the applicability of this paragraph to filings pursuant to the federal securities laws.
Title 17 published on 09-May-2017 03:50
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 17 CFR Part 229 after this date.
- 17 CFR 240.14a-101 — Schedule 14A. Information Required in Proxy Statement.
- 17 CFR 229.914 — (Item 914) Pro Forma Financial Statements: Selected Financial Data.
- 17 CFR 230.175 — Liability for Certain Statements by Issuers.
- 17 CFR 240.14a-3 — Information to Be Furnished to Security Holders.
- 17 CFR 260.0-11 — Liability for Certain Statements by Issuers.
- 17 CFR 240.3b-6 — Liability for Certain Statements by Issuers.