17 CFR § 229.302 - (Item 302) Supplementary financial information.
(a) Selected quarterly financial data. Registrants specified in paragraph (a)(5) of this Item shall provide the information specified below.
(1) Disclosure shall be made of net sales, gross profit (net sales less costs and expenses associated directly with or allocated to products sold or services rendered), income (loss) from continuing operations, per share data based upon income (loss) from continuing operations, net income (loss), per share data based upon net income (loss) and net income (loss) attributable to the registrant, for each full quarter within the two most recent fiscal years and any subsequent interim period for which financial statements are included or are required to be included by 17 CFR 210.3-01 through 210.3-20 (Article 3 of Regulation S-X).
(2) When the data supplied pursuant to paragraph (a) of this section vary from the amounts previously reported on the Form 10-Q (§ 249.308a of this chapter) filed for any quarter, such as would be the case when a combination between entities under common control occurs or where an error is corrected, reconcile the amounts given with those previously reported and describe the reason for the difference.
(3) Describe the effect of any discontinued operations and unusual or infrequently occurring items recognized in each full quarter within the two most recent fiscal years and any subsequent interim period for which financial statements are included or are required to be included by 17 CFR 210.3-01 through 210.3-20 (Article 3 of Regulation S-X), as well as the aggregate effect and the nature of year-end or other adjustments which are material to the results of that quarter.
(4) If the financial statements to which this information relates have been reported on by an accountant, appropriate professional standards and procedures, as enumerated in the Statements of Auditing Standards issued by the Auditing Standards Board of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, shall be followed by the reporting accountant with regard to the data required by this paragraph (a).
(5) This paragraph (a) applies to any registrant, except a foreign private issuer, that has securities registered pursuant to sections 12(b) (15 U.S.C. § 78l(b)) (other than mutual life insurance companies) or 12(g) of the Exchange Act (15 U.S.C. § 78l(g)).
(b) Information about oil and gas producing activities. Registrants engaged in oil and gas producing activities shall present the information about oil and gas producing activities (as those activities are defined in Regulation S-X, § 210.4-10(a)) specified in FASB ASC Topic 932, Extractive Activities - Oil and Gas, if such oil and gas producing activities are regarded as significant under one or more of the tests set forth in FASB ASC Subtopic 932-235, Extractive Activities - Oil and Gas - Notes to Financial Statements, for ‘Significant Activities.’