17 CFR 230.135 - Notice of proposed registered offerings.
(a)When notice is not an offer. For purposes of section 5 of the Act ( 15 U.S.C. 77e) only, an issuer or a selling security holder (and any person acting on behalf of either of them) that publishes through any medium a notice of a proposed offering to be registered under the Act will not be deemed to offer its securities for sale through that notice if:
(1)Legend. The notice includes a statement to the effect that it does not constitute an offer of any securities for sale; and
(2)Limited notice content. The notice otherwise includes no more than the following information:
(i) The name of the issuer;
(ii) The title, amount and basic terms of the securities offered;
(iv) The anticipated timing of the offering;
(v) A brief statement of the manner and the purpose of the offering, without naming the underwriters;
(vi) Whether the issuer is directing its offering to only a particular class of purchasers;
(vii) Any statements or legends required by the laws of any state or foreign country or administrative authority; and
(viii) In the following offerings, the notice may contain additional information, as follows:
(1) The class of security holders eligible to subscribe;
(2) The subscription ratio and expected subscription price;
(3) The proposed record date;
(4) The anticipated issuance date of the rights; and
(5) The subscription period or expiration date of the rights offering.
(1) The name of the employer;
(2) The class of employees being offered the securities;
(3) The offering price; and
(4) The duration of the offering period.
(C)Exchange offer. In an exchange offer:
(1) The basic terms of the exchange offer;
(2) The name of the subject company;
(3) The subject class of securities sought in the exchange offer.
(D)Rule 145(a) offering. In a § 230.145(a) offering:
(1) The name of the person whose assets are to be sold in exchange for the securities to be offered;
(2) The names of any other parties to the transaction;
(3) A brief description of the business of the parties to the transaction;
(4) The date, time and place of the meeting of security holders to vote on or consent to the transaction; and
(5) A brief description of the transaction and the basic terms of the transaction.
(b)Corrections of misstatements about the offering. A person that publishes a notice in reliance on this section may issue a notice that contains no more information than is necessary to correct inaccuracies published about the proposed offering.
Title 17 published on 19-Jan-2018 03:45
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 17 CFR Part 230 after this date.
- 17 CFR 240.14a-6 — Filing Requirements.
- 17 CFR 240.14d-2 — Commencement of a Tender Offer.
- 17 CFR 243.100 — General Rule Regarding Selective Disclosure.
- 17 CFR 240.14c-5 — Filing Requirements.
- 17 CFR 230.135 — Notice of Proposed Registered Offerings.
- 17 CFR 240.13e-4 — Tender Offers by Issuers.
- 17 CFR 230.902 — Definitions.
- 17 CFR 240.14d-9 — Recommendation or Solicitation by the Subject Company and Others.
- 17 CFR 230.425 — Filing of Certain Prospectuses and Communications Under § 230.135 in Connection With Business Combination Transactions.