17 CFR 230.158 - Definitions of certain terms in the last paragraph of section 11(a).
(a) An “earning statement” made generally available to securityholders of the registrant pursuant to the last paragraph of section 11(a) of the Act shall be sufficient for the purposes of such paragraph if:
(1) There is included the information required for statements of income contained either:
(i) In Item 8 of Form 10-K ( § 239.310 of this chapter), part I, Item 1 of Form 10-Q (§ 240.308a of this chapter), or Rule 14a-3(b) (§ 240.14a-3(b) of this chapter) under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934;
(ii) In Item 17 of Form 20-F ( § 249.220f of this chapter), if appropriate; or
(iii) In Form 40-F ( § 249.240f of this chapter); and
(2) The information specified in the last paragraph of section 11(a) is contained in one report or any combination of reports either:
(i) On Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K ( § 249.308 of this chapter), or in the annual report to security holders pursuant to Rule 14a-3 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (§ 240.14a-3 of this chapter); or
(ii) On Form 20-F, Form 40-F or Form 6-K ( § 249.306 of this chapter).
(b) For purposes of the last paragraph of section 11(a) only, the “earning statement” contemplated by paragraph (a) of this section shall be deemed to be “made generally available to its security holders” if the registrant:
(1) Is required to file reports pursuant to section 13 or 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and
(2) Has filed its report or reports on Form 10-K and Form 10-KSB, Form 10-Q and Form 10-QSB, Form 8-K, Form 20-F, Form 40-F, or Form 6-K, or has supplied to the Commission copies of the annual report sent to security holders pursuant to Rule 14a-3(c), ( § 240.14a-3(c) of this chapter) containing such information.
(c) For purposes of the last paragraph of section 11(a) of the Act only, the effective date of the registration statement is deemed to be the date of the latest to occur of:
(1) The effective date of the registration statement;
(2) The effective date of the last post-effective amendment to the registration statement next preceding a particular sale of the issuer's registered securities to the public filed for the purposes of:
(ii) Reflecting in the prospectus any facts or events arising after the effective date of the registration statement (or the most recent post-effective amendment thereof) which, individually or in the aggregate, represent a fundamental change in the information set forth in the registration statement;
(3) The date of filing of the last report of the issuer incorporated by reference into the prospectus that is part of the registration statement or the date that a form of prospectus filed pursuant to Rule 424(b) or Rule 497(b), (c), (d), or (e) ( § 230.424(b) or § 230.497(b), (c), (d), or (e)) is deemed part of and included in the registration statement, and relied upon in either case in lieu of filing a post-effective amendment for purposes of paragraphs (c)(2)(i) and (ii) of this section next preceding a particular sale of the issuer's registered securities to the public; or
(4) As to the issuer and any underwriter at that time only, the most recent effective date of the registration statement for purposes of liability under section 11 of the Act of the issuer and any such underwriter only at the time of or next preceding a particular sale of the issuer's registered securities to the public determined pursuant to Rule 430B ( § 230.430B).
(d) If an earnings statement was made available by “other methods” than those specified in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section, the earnings statement must be filed as exhibit 99 to the next periodic report required by section 13 or 15(d) of the Exchange Act covering the period in which the earnings statement was released.
Title 17 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 17 CFR Part 230 after this date.