17 CFR 230.610 - Suspension of exemption.
(1) No exemption is available under §§ 230.601 to 230.610a for the securities purported to be offered hereunder or any of the terms or conditions of §§ 230.601 to 230.610a have not been complied with, including failure to file any report as required by § 230.609.
(2) The notification, the offering circular or any other sales literature contains any untrue statement of a material fact or omits to state a material fact necessary in order to make the statements made, in the light of the circumstances under which they are made, not misleading;
(3) The offering is being made or would be made in violation of section 17 of the Act;
(4) Any event has occurred after the filing of the notification which would have rendered the exemption hereunder unavailable if it has occurred prior to such filing;
(5) Any person specified in paragraph (b) of § 230.602 has been indicted for any crime or offense of the character specified in paragraph (b)(3) thereof, or any proceeding has been initiated for the purpose of enjoining any such person from engaging in or continuing any conduct or practice of the character specified in paragraph (b)(4);
(6) Any person specified in paragraph (c) of § 230.602 has been indicted for any crime or offense of the character specified in paragraph (c)(1) thereof, or any proceeding has been initiated for the purpose of enjoining any such person from engaging in or continuing any conduct or practice of the character specified in paragraph (c)(2); or
(7) The issuer or any officer, director or underwriter has failed to cooperate, or has obstructed or refused to permit the making of an investigation by the Commission in connection with any offering made or proposed to be made hereunder.
(b) Upon the entry of an order under paragraph (a) of this section, the Commission will promptly give notice to the persons on whose behalf the notification was filed (1) that such order has been entered, together with a brief statement of the reasons for the entry of the order, and (2) that the Commission, upon receipt of a written request within 30 days after the entry of such order, will, within 20 days after the receipt of such request, set the matter down for hearing at a place to be designated by the Commission. If no hearing is requested and none is ordered by the Commission, the order shall become permanent on the thirtieth day after its entry and shall remain in effect unless or until it is modified or vacated by the Commission. Where a hearing is requested or is ordered by the Commission, the Commission will, after notice of an opportunity for such hearing, either vacate the order or enter an order permanently suspending the exemption.
(c) The Commission may at any time after notice of and opportunity for hearing, enter an order permanently suspending the exemption for any reason upon which it could have entered a temporary suspension order under paragraph (a) of this section. Any such order shall remain in effect until vacated by the Commission.
(d) All notices required by this part shall be given to the person or persons on whose behalf the notification was filed by personal service, registered or certified mail or confirmed telegraphic notice at the addresses of such persons given in the notification.