17 CFR § 275.204-4 - Reporting by exempt reporting advisers.
(a) Exempt reporting advisers. If you are an investment adviser relying on the exemption from registering with the Commission under section 203(l) or (m) of the Act (15 U.S.C. 80b-3(l) or 80b-3(m)), you must complete and file reports on Form ADV (17 CFR 279.1) by following the instructions in the Form, which specify the information that an exempt reporting adviser must provide.
(b) Electronic filing. You must file Form ADV electronically with the Investment Adviser Registration Depository (IARD) unless you have received a hardship exemption under paragraph (e) of this section.
Information on how to file with the IARD is available on the Commission's Web site at http://www.sec.gov/iard.
(c) When filed. Each Form ADV is considered filed with the Commission upon acceptance by the IARD.
(d) Filing fees. You must pay FINRA (the operator of the IARD) a filing fee. The Commission has approved the amount of the filing fee. No portion of the filing fee is refundable. Your completed Form ADV will not be accepted by FINRA, and thus will not be considered filed with the Commission, until you have paid the filing fee.
(e) Temporary hardship exemption -
(1) Eligibility for exemption. If you have unanticipated technical difficulties that prevent submission of a filing to the IARD, you may request a temporary hardship exemption from the requirements of this chapter to file electronically.
(2) Application procedures. To request a temporary hardship exemption, you must:
(3) Effective date - upon filing. The temporary hardship exemption will be granted when you file a completed Form ADV-H.
(f) Final report. You must file a final report in accordance with instructions in Form ADV when:
(1) You cease operation as an investment adviser;
(2) You no longer meet the definition of exempt reporting adviser under paragraph (a); or
(3) You apply for registration with the Commission.
You do not have to pay a filing fee to file a final report on Form ADV through the IARD.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Iowa Admin. Code r. 191-50.45 - 191.50.45 - Registration exemption for investment advisers to private funds.
- 15 CSR 30-51.180 - 15 CSR 30-51.180 - Exemptions from Registration for Broker-Dealers, Agents, Investment Advisers, and Investment Adviser Representatives
- Okla Admin. Code § 660:11-7-17 - Section 660:11-7-17 - Registration exemption for investment advisers to qualifying private funds.
- 10 Pa. Code § 302.070 - § 302.070 - Registration exemption for investment advisers to private funds.
- TN Rules and Regs. 0780-04-03-.10 - 0780-04-03-.10 - WRITTEN DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS BY INVESTMENT ADVISERS
- Wash. Admin. Code § 460-24A-071 - 460-24A-071 - Registration exemption for investment advisers to private funds.