17 CFR 40.2 - Listing products for trading by certification.
(a) A designated contract market or a swap execution facility must comply with the submission requirements of this section prior to listing a product for trading that has not been approved under § 40.3 of this part or that remains dormant subsequent to being submitted under this section or approved under § 40.3 of this part. A submission shall comply with the following conditions:
(1) The designated contract market or the swap execution facility has filed its submission electronically in a format and manner specified by the Secretary of the Commission with the Secretary of the Commission;
(3) The submission includes:
(i) A copy of the submission cover sheet in accordance with the instructions in appendix D to this part;
(ii) A copy of the product's rules, including all rules related to its terms and conditions;
(iii) The intended listing date;
(v) A concise explanation and analysis of the product and its compliance with applicable provisions of the Act, including core principles, and the Commission's regulations thereunder. This explanation and analysis shall either be accompanied by the documentation relied upon to establish the basis for compliance with applicable law, or incorporate information contained in such documentation, with appropriate citations to data sources;
(vi) A certification that the registered entity posted a notice of pending product certification with the Commission and a copy of the submission, concurrent with the filing of a submission with the Commission, on the registered entity's Web site. Information that the registered entity seeks to keep confidential may be redacted from the documents published on the registered entity's Web site but must be republished consistent with any determination made pursuant to § 40.8(c)(4);
(vii) A request for confidential treatment, if appropriate, as permitted under § 40.8.
(b)Additional information. If requested by Commission staff, a registered entity shall provide any additional evidence, information or data that demonstrates that the contract meets, initially or on a continuing basis, the requirements of the Act or the Commission's regulations or policies thereunder.
(c)Stay. The Commission may stay the listing of a contract pursuant to paragraph (a) of this section during the pendency of Commission proceedings for filing a false certification or during the pendency of a petition to alter or amend the contract terms and conditions pursuant to Section 8a(7) of the Act. The decision to stay the listing of a contract in such circumstances shall not be delegable to any employee of the Commission.
(d)Class certification of swaps.
(1) A designated contract market or swap execution facility may list or facilitate trading in any swap or number of swaps based upon an “excluded commodity,” as defined in Section 1a(19)(i) of the Act, not including any security, security index, and currency other than the United States Dollar and a “major foreign currency,” as defined in § 15.03(a), or an “excluded commodity,” as defined in Section 1a(19)(ii)-(iv) of the Act, provided the designated contract market or swap execution facility certifies, under § 40.2(a)(1)-(2), § 40.2(a)(3)(i), § 40.2(a)(3)(iv), and § 40.2(a)(3)(vi), each of the following:
(ii) That each particular swap within the certified class of swaps is based upon an excluded commodity with an identical pricing source, formula, procedure, and methodology for calculating reference prices and payment obligations; and
(iii) That the pricing source, formula, procedure, and methodology for calculating reference prices and payment obligations in each particular swap within the certified class of swaps is identical to a pricing source, formula, procedure, and methodology for calculating reference prices and payment obligations in a product previously submitted to the Commission and certified or approved pursuant to § 40.2 or § 40.3;
(2) The Commission may in its discretion require a registered entity to withdraw its certification under § 40.2(d)(1) and to submit each individual swap or certain individual swaps within the submission for Commission review pursuant to § 40.2 or § 40.3
- 17 CFR 40.2 — Listing Products for Trading by Certification.
- 17 CFR 40.8 — Availability of Public Information.
- 17 CFR 40.11 — Review of Event Contracts Based Upon Certain Excluded Commodities.
- 17 CFR 40.5 — Voluntary Submission of Rules for Commission Review and Approval.
- 17 CFR 40.3 — Voluntary Submission of New Products for Commission Review and Approval.