18 CFR 1301.65 - Derivative classification.
(a) In accordance with Part 2 of Executive Order 13526 and directives of the Information Security Oversight Office, the incorporation, paraphrasing, restating or generation in new form of information that is already classified, and the marking of newly developed material consistent with the classification markings that apply to the source information, is derivative classification.
(1) Derivative classification includes the classification of information based on classification guidance.
(2) The duplication or reproduction of existing classified information is not derivative classification.
(b) Authorized individuals applying derivative classification markings shall:
(1) Observe and respect original classification decisions; and
(2) Carry forward to any newly created documents the pertinent classification markings.
(3) For information derivatively classified based on multiple sources, the authorized individuals shall carry forward:
(i) The date or event for declassification that corresponds to the longest period of classification among the sources; and
(ii) A listing of these sources on or attached to the official file or record copy.
Title 18 published on 15-Jun-2017 04:02
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 18 CFR Part 1301 after this date.