18 CFR 35.36 - Generally.
(a) For purposes of this subpart:
(1) Seller means any person that has authorization to or seeks authorization to engage in sales for resale of electric energy, capacity or ancillary services at market-based rates under section 205 of the Federal Power Act.
(2) Category 1 Seller means a Seller that:
(i) Is either a wholesale power marketer that controls or is affiliated with 500 MW or less of generation in aggregate per region or a wholesale power producer that owns, controls or is affiliated with 500 MW or less of generation in aggregate in the same region as its generation assets;
(ii) Does not own, operate or control transmission facilities other than limited equipment necessary to connect individual generating facilities to the transmission grid (or has been granted waiver of the requirements of Order No. 888, FERC Stats. & Regs. ¶ 31,036);
(iii) Is not affiliated with anyone that owns, operates or controls transmission facilities in the same region as the Seller's generation assets;
(iv) Is not affiliated with a franchised public utility in the same region as the Seller's generation assets; and
(v) Does not raise other vertical market power issues.
(3) Category 2 Sellers means any Sellers not in Category 1.
(4) Inputs to electric power production means intrastate natural gas transportation, intrastate natural gas storage or distribution facilities; sites for generation capacity development; physical coal supply sources and ownership of or control over who may access transportation of coal supplies.
(5) Franchised public utility means a public utility with a franchised service obligation under State law.
(6) Captive customers means any wholesale or retail electric energy customers served by a franchised public utility under cost-based regulation.
(7) Market-regulated power sales affiliate means any power seller affiliate other than a franchised public utility, including a power marketer, exempt wholesale generator, qualifying facility or other power seller affiliate, whose power sales are regulated in whole or in part on a market-rate basis.
(8) Market information means non-public information related to the electric energy and power business including, but not limited to, information regarding sales, cost of production, generator outages, generator heat rates, unconsummated transactions, or historical generator volumes. Market information includes information from either affiliates or non-affiliates.
(9) Affiliate of a specified company means:
(i) Any person that directly or indirectly owns, controls, or holds with power to vote, 10 percent or more of the outstanding voting securities of the specified company;
(ii) Any company 10 percent or more of whose outstanding voting securities are owned, controlled, or held with power to vote, directly or indirectly, by the specified company;
(iii) Any person or class of persons that the Commission determines, after appropriate notice and opportunity for hearing, to stand in such relation to the specified company that there is liable to be an absence of arm's-length bargaining in transactions between them as to make it necessary or appropriate in the public interest or for the protection of investors or consumers that the person be treated as an affiliate; and
(iv) Any person that is under common control with the specified company.
(v) For purposes of paragraph (a)(9), owning, controlling or holding with power to vote, less than 10 percent of the outstanding voting securities of a specified company creates a rebuttable presumption of lack of control.
(b) The provisions of this subpart apply to all Sellers authorized, or seeking authorization, to make sales for resale of electric energy, capacity or ancillary services at market-based rates unless otherwise ordered by the Commission.
Title 18 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 18 CFR Part 35 after this date.