18 CFR 385.708 - Initial decisions by presiding officer (Rule 708).
(ii) An oral decision is considered served upon all participants when the decision is issued orally on the record. Promptly after service of the oral decision, the presiding officer will prepare the oral initial decision contained in the transcript in the format of a written initial decision.
(4) Not later than 35 days after the certification of an initial decision, under paragraph (b)(3) of this section, the presiding officer, after notifying the participants and receiving no objection from them, may make technical corrections to the initial decision.
(c)Initial decision prepared and certified by presiding officer.
(1) The presiding officer who presides over the reception of evidence will prepare and certify the initial decision, if any, unless the officer is unavailable or the Commission provides otherwise in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 557(b).
(2) If the presiding officer who presided over the reception of evidence becomes unavailable, the Chief Administrative Law Judge may issue an order designating another qualified presiding officer to prepare and certify the initial decision.
(1) Exceptions are timely filed under Rule 711; or
(2) The Commission issues an order staying the effectiveness of the decision pending review under Rule 712.
Title 18 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 18 CFR Part 385 after this date.
Title 18 published on 2015-08-22.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 18.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.