18 CFR 388.107 - Commission records exempt from public disclosure.
The following records are exempt from disclosure.
(1) Records specifically authorized under criteria established by an Executive order to be kept secret in the interest of national defense or foreign policy, and
(1) Requires that the matters be withheld from the public in such a manner as to leave no discretion on the issue, or
(2) Establishes particular criteria for withholding or refers to particular types of matters to be withheld;
(d) Trade secrets and commercial or financial information obtained from a person and privileged or confidential;
(e) Interagency or intraagency memoranda or letters which would not be available by law to a party other than an agency in litigation with the agency;
(f) Personnel and medical files and similar files the disclosure of which would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy;
(g) Records or information compiled for law enforcement purposes, but only to the extent that the production of such law enforcement records or information:
(4) Could reasonably be expected to disclose the identity of a confidential source, including a state, local, or foreign agency or authority or any private institution which furnished information on a confidential basis, and, in the case of a record or information compiled by a criminal law enforcement authority in the course of a criminal investigation, or by an agency conducting a lawful national security intelligence investigation, information furnished by a confidential source,
(5) Would disclose techniques and procedures for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions, or would disclose guidelines for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions if such disclosure could reasonably be expected to risk circumvention of the law, or
[Order 488, 53 FR 1473, Jan. 20, 1988, as amended by Order 597, 63 FR 5453, Feb. 3, 1998]
Title 18 published on 2015-04-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 18 CFR Part 388.