18 CFR 415.41 - Special permits.
A special permit may be granted, or granted on stated conditions, provided:
(a) There is a clear balance in favor of the public interest in terms of the following environmental criteria:
(3) The compatibility of the proposed use with existing development and development anticipated in the foreseeable future.
(4) The relationship of the proposed use to any applicable comprehensive plan or flood plain management program for the area.
(6) The expected heights, velocity, duration, rate of rise and sediment transport of the flood water expected at the site.
(8) The degree to which archaeological or historic sites and structures, endangered or rare species of animals or plants, high quality wildlife habitats, scarce vegetation types, and other irreplaceable land types would be degraded or destroyed.
(9) The degree to which the natural, scenic and aesthetic values at the proposed activity site could be retained.
(b) The project shall not:
(3) Obstruct flood flows nor increase flood heights or velocities unduly whether acting alone or in combination with other uses.
(4) Degrade significantly the water carrying capacity of any delineated floodway or channel.
(8) Have service facilities installed below the elevation of the regulatory flood without being adequately flood proofed.
Title 18 published on 2015-04-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 18 CFR Part 415.